Friday, December 07, 2007

Dead and Famous...or just DEAD?

Once again the news headlines are filled with words of death and violence. Once again liberals will scream about gun control. Unless you are completely cut off from the outside world you will have heard how a teenage gunman killed 8 people in a mall before turning the gun on himself. Experts and analysts have gone back and forth over the teenager's motives. They claim depression or just hatred of the world in general.
My view is quite different and I believe correct, the gunman wanted his ten seconds of fame whether he was around to see it or not. How do I come to this conclusion? From his suicide note. In it he told family and friends they would be better off without him in their lives, "I've been a piece of (expletive) my entire life it seems this is my only option." He then changes tone, "Just think tho I'm gonna be (expletive) famous." There in the words of the killer himself is the reason he did what he did.
If the media would quit giving these shooters so much attention I believe the majority of public shootings would stop. Fame seems to have been the motive behind this shooter and the shooters at many other places including Virginia Tech. So message to the MSM( mainstream media), "Don't give this guy the attention he wanted, then others will realize that the only thing they're going to be is dead, not dead and famous. Now give us some real news, and I don't mean about Britney Spears' latest binge or Paris Hilton's Chihuahua."

No comments: