Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I haven't said anything about Bush's nominee to replace Sandra Day O'Connor because I have been trying to learn more about her and what other people think of her. But I decided I should say something, so here it goes.
I personally would have preferred a nominee who is a known staunch conservative. President Bush was the one who interviewed the candidates and if he thinks that Harriet Meirs is the one for this spot, I cannot say otherwise, I know very little about this woman. Some conservatives are reaching the boiling point over the fact that she supported Al Gore for president in the 1988 democratic primary, I say "So what?" Zell Miller (former governor\senator from Georgia) supported Bill Clinton for president but has since proved himself a true conservative. There are times when we all do stupid things, for the Republicans it was choosing to run Bob Dole against Clinton in '96, but I digress. Whether this woman is the right person for the job or not I don't know, but I'll I hope and pray that she is.

No comments: