Monday, March 13, 2006

It's not common for me to praise Senator John McCain (Arizona-R), mainly because of his waffling on certain issues, but here I will do so, during the Southern Republican Leadership convention John McCain called for Republicans to rally around Bush. He said and I quote: "It's easy to be loyal when the guy is at 65 percent.
I'm not going to kick him while he's down." Now there is only one way that I'd ever vote for McCain for president and that's if Mrs. Clinton was the other choice, but for once McCain has remained loyal and that's a rare thing and he deserves credit.

2 comments:

The Pendragon said...

Yes, I may be a Republican for McCain in 2008. I'm still a little wary because the NYT is dumping on him now, and that's usually the signal that they're trying to get the Republicans to nominate a candidate they think they can beat by pretending they can't.

JDC said...

very true...I don't necesarily want him in the Oval Office...but I admire him for that statement anyway.