Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm sure sometime this month we've all been asked the question: Where were you? Where were you on September 11, 2001?
Being homeschooled I was sitting in our schoolroom doing math when my Mom came in and told me to turn on the radio, "We're under attack!" For the next 4 hours my eyes were riveted on the TV as they showed over and over the two planes crashing into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon burning and news of a fourth plane crashing in rural Pennsylvania. Thankfully we had (and have) a President who was capable of unifying the nation together when it needed it most.
Today as I see again images of that horrible day I thank God for the President, the Armed Forces and the first responders, some who died trying to save other people. Also eight days ago I wrote about Donald Rumsfeld and how much I like him. One thing that I really like about him was that 5 years ago as the Pentagon burned and while his security team was trying to organize, Donald Rumsfeld took off his suit jacket and helped carry out the wounded people.
This blog is dedicated to the innocent men and women who died 5 years ago, to the policemen and firemen who ran into the buildings but not out of them, and to the greatest nation on God's green earth: America!

No comments: